here is so much to do in Southern Burgundy and discover:
- Wine tasting in the cellars of the wineries of the Mâconnais and the Beaujolais.
- The excellent cuisine of the many restaurants.
- Taize : an oecomenical center.
- The ” voie verte ” , What was formerly railroad tracks has now been transformed into a bike path that travels through the Burgundy region from north to south.
- Cluny with its abbey , museum and Romanesque buildings.
- The Burgundian countryside with its Romanesque churches and beautiful villages.
- Castles , many of which can be visited.
- The fantastic golf course in Mâcon ( 25 km).
- There are many walks leading you to interesting places.
- Cities like Beaune , Dijon and Lyon are easily accessible for day trips.
- In the summer there’s a flea market almost every weekend somewhere with individuals selling curiosa at bargain prices !
- You can swim in some lakes in the area . The nearest is lake Le Rousset, 12 km away.
- In the summer Cluny is home to many cultural activities, including a film festival, theater and concerts.
- In the cottage you will find the guest book with ideas for excursions, car rides, walks.